Principal responsibilities and duties:
- Working with companies and government agencies to research and solve problems and develop policies and procedures that comply with current legislation.
- Analyzing, evaluating, developing, and implementing new control systems that optimize operations or utilize new technologies.
- Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of operations.
- Researching discrepancies, operational problems, or other issues.
- Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to company assets and liabilities.
- Bringing company strengths and weaknesses to the attention of management and providing advice as they develop responses or fixes for these issues.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management or other interested parties.
- Maintaining awareness of current industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Handling additional duties and special projects to ensure the business is operating efficiently and in compliance with all current regulations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Must be professionally Certified in the Audit field (ICAN, CIA, CRMA Etc.)
- 8+ years’ experience in Internal Audit, Compliance, or related field.
- In-depth industry knowledge regarding best practices, policies, current regulations, and technology
- Very sound in Accounting and Audit principles and standards
- Excellent communication skills.
- Relevant Experience in the Telecommunication sector is an added advantage.
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Proactively audit processes, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses.
- MBA will be an added advantage.