- Provide assurance to Executive Management and Board of Directors on the effectiveness or otherwise of the company’s risk management, internal control processes, procedures and policies and systems.
- Ensure that a yearly audit plan covering all company’s risk areas is in place, approved by the Board and followed up for full execution.
- Supervises the execution of detailed audit procedures, including review of transactions, documents, records, reports, policies and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Coordinate investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organization and recommend the appropriate line of action.
- Responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory, and compliance-related audits/reviews as well as ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Define the strategic direction for the Internal Audit function which aligns with the overall strategic goals of the company.
- Ensure required regulatory/statutory returns are rendered to the relevant agencies in a timely, regular, complete, and qualitative manner.
- Ensure an appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Coordinate periodic reviews of the company’s functional activities (Departments and Branches) and submission of reports on same to Audit Committee of the Board.