We are looking to hire an experienced, suitable individual who would be responsible for examining and monitoring the company's finances. The job holder will manage the auditing team and be responsible for overseeing the full audit cycle, developing auditing strategies, and creating solutions to make the company's financial processes more effective.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Review and evaluate the audit practice in the organization
- Ensure that the present audit practice in the company is in line with the international audit standard.
- The head of internal audit must ensure that the department complies with sound internal auditing standards and with a relevant code of ethics.
- To independently carry out the evaluation and examination of the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control, risk management, and governance systems.
- To carry out periodic reviews of the compliance activities within the organization in line with the local laws and regulations.
- Promote and support a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation, and corporate accountability throughout the bank via training and knowledge in sharing.
- Regular monitoring and supervision of the field auditors' assignments and also report the audit findings from the field auditors to the appropriate authority.
- To have a detailed understanding of all checklists provided by HO and ensure its effectively disseminated to the other auditors.
- Prepare reviews and evaluations of the annual audit budget and audit plan.
- Safeguard the asset of the company.
- Carry out special assignments, and investigations that may be requested from the management
- Ensure that all the regulatory and statutory requirements are adhered to and all payments and returns are done by the prescribed due dates
- Verification of vouchers and payments to confirm their authorization, approval limit, and completeness
- The Head of audit ensures that the reporting deadline for all audit reports requested by the HO is met and strictly adhered to.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class lower division (2:2) in Finance related field
- Professional qualifications – either an ACA, ACCA, or CFA is required.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Internal Audit or related environment and at least 5 of these years must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced financial environment.
- Be willing to travel and work in different parts of Nigeria.
- Possess good communication skills – the ability to write quality and coherent reports for management information and decision.
Note: We are committed to improving diversity in the workspace and work to ensure that our team is supportive of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from women.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.