Operational Audit Functions:
- Prepare annual internal audit plan with reference to Company’s risk management framework and present to the finance and Board audit committee for approval. Develop and implement Company’s internal audit procedures with risk-based audit approach, assess, report on and make suggestions for improving the Company’s operational, financial and internal control activities. Execute audit plans within budget time across functional units in an accurate manner.
- Review the Company’s control environment around operational activities, planning and overseeing periodic audit across all functional units to secure compliance with policies and procedures as well as test compliance to internal controls put in place by the Management.
- Ensure that the risk associated with the Company’s operations are promptly identified through the best practice audit exercise. Managed audit findings with adequate levels of internal controls to be put in place.
- Act as third line of defense by using internal audit reviews to test and validating documented controls and workflows around: finance and accounts operations, manufacturing operations, supply chain and procurement functions, human resource/talent management functions, admin, logistics and general service functions, legal and company secretariat activities Ensure reliability of financial reports.
- Ensure prompt, adequate and regular audit of all high risk operational areas of the Company and make recommendations to the Management on how to mitigate risk through preventive controls, process improvement, policies and procedures documentation. Coordinate audit plan and programs with External Auditors
- Perform specialized audit and investigation as may be required from time as well as other assurance service functions that may be assigned by the MD/CEO and the audit committee.
- Coach and supervise audit staff in the discharge of their duties, providing leadership for internal audit team. Finalize audit reports and management feedback on identified audit exceptions to ensure they are impactful, high quality, clear, concise, constructive and commercially relevant and presenting same to the MD/CEO and the Board Audit Committee for their review and feedback.
- First Degree in Accounting or other Managerial Science + qualified membership of the following professional accountancy bodies including ICAN-ACA, ACCA, Internal Audit certifications such as: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFE (Certified Forensic Examiner) and MBA will be an added advantage. Internal audit experience in audit, manufacturing, FMCG, retail industry. Well versed in internal control procedures.
- Ability to think strategically, communicate vision clearly, good inter-personal skills in interfacing with senior level officers, time management skills, report writing, problem solving, presentation and analytical skills, sound independent judgment, strong leadership skills.
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience.