Our client is seeking to recruit a Head, Human Resources who will support and improve the people and culture experience. The Head, Human Resources will be responsible for all people-based activity within the organization from both an operational and strategic point of view. The post holder will also identify, design, and implement long term solutions for desired strategic outcomes in areas such as talent management, human capital effectiveness, culture and engagement, performance management, leadership development, change management, organizational design, and talent retention.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Work closely with the HODs to understand organizational challenges and design/implement creative solutions.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of strategic initiatives within the organization.
- Overseeing the HR strategy unit’s procedures, suggesting measures and tactical approaches to improve the organization’s employment life-cycle (e.g. recruitment, on-boarding, career growth, capacity planning, succession planning, competency modelling, talent balancing/mapping, occupational gap assessment and workforce realignment)
- Designing change management and human capital development programs and implementing strategic planning initiatives to achieve business growth and expansion requirements.
- Analyzing or developing competency models and determining career ladders.
2. Performance Management and Culture:
- Implement a high-performance culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritizing fairness and objectivity
- Advise managers on team performance management via a data-driven approach.
- Work proactively to identify underperformance and address it thoughtfully, manage underperformance professionally and swiftly.
- Development and execution of People Strategy pillars (Performance Management, Competency Framework, Compensation, Culture and Learning and Development) and initiatives/activities under each pillar.
- Ensure the organization's people strategy is linked to a performance management system ensuring that organisational values are translated into measurable competencies, behaviours and objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase Diversity & Inclusion within the organization.
- Implement organisational change initiatives related to People Strategy implementation on business processes and technologies
3. Talent Development:
- Connect staff to compelling learning and development opportunities, mentorship, coaching for performance and growth, advising on career opportunities.
- Support leaders and managers on talent mapping and reviews to ensure the implementation of recommendations from the Talent Development team.
- Develop and implement workforce retention, career and succession strategies.
4. Organization Design and Change Management:
- Implement effective change management strategies, providing subject matter expertise on risk mitigation and change delivery.
- Support the implementation of OD strategy plans and also identify risks and impacts on delivery.
- BCS/MSc Degree in Management, Administration or other business/personnel-related courses
- Relevant professional certifications such as CIPM, SHRM, CIPD is required.
- Minimum of 10 - 12 years experience in Human Resources Management with at least 5-6 yrs progressive senior management experience
- Previous experience in coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues
- Knowledge of in-country employment regulations.
- Have a strong sense of business ethics and the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self-moderation, cultivating relationships and empathy.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, the ability to present and facilitate effectively.
- Ability to create effective working partnerships with senior leaders challenge the thinking of others in respectful and thoughtful ways, influence upwards
- Big picture thinker, a “never settle’ mindset.
- Solid track record in design and implementation of employee engagement strategies that have meaningfully impacted the individual and organization experience