- Dual reporting to Chief Regulatory and Government Relations Officer, and Business head in regions.
- Works very closely with Country, Group-level, and Global colleagues including, Business Development, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Risk, Compliance, Client Services, Corporate Social Impact, Legal, Marketing, Strategy, and Product groups.
- Liaises closely with functional colleagues in the region and around the world to develop and refine best practices.
- Works with cross-divisional business teams as subject matter expert on regulatory issues and government relations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an effective Government Relations strategy for the area of responsibility.
- Lead the development and building of stakeholder relationships with Government regulators, businesses, and non-governmental organizations at all levels.
- Ensure that Government Relations plans are aligned with Flutterwave’s strategic business objectives
- Establish and maintain effective long-term relations with Governments and other external stakeholders at the appropriate levels.
- Monitor the regulatory and policy management environment in various regional markets in order to make timely interventions to protect Flutterwave’s commercial interests.
- Identify opportunities and support business development programs and initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day Government Relations operations and represent Flutterwave at relevant forums in the various regional markets.
- Ensure optimization of meeting targets and Government Relations objectives by introducing best practices.
- Build and maintain internal relationships and enhance an understanding of the function within the company
Desired skills and expertise:
- General understanding of the functioning of the electronic payments industry.
- Proven track record and minimum 5-7 years experience in all aspects of developing and implementing stakeholder relations strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of the local business and political environments in West Africa (WAMZ, UEMOA, and CEMAC)
- Political acumen, and the ability to balance commercial interests and social benefits.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours.
- A motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently, within a team, and without daily supervision.
- A computer literate team player, able to work across various Flutterwave functions.
- Fluency in French and English is an absolute requirement.