Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee the preparation, examination, and analysis of accounting records, financial statements of other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformity to reporting and procedural standards.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Bank’s yearly budget.
- Ensure the establishment and enforcement of proper accounting/bookkeeping methods, policies, and principles.
- Function as the Chief Strategist of the Bank, advising on the implication of every financial recommendation or decision.
- Ensure that all deals and inflow are correctly posted and recognized by the Bank.
- Ensure that records of all transactions are properly kept in line with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Direct and oversee the Bank-wide operations of the Bank and cards/electronic banking operations.
- Be responsible for re-engineering business processes to deliver excellent customer service, whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements relating to Banking Operations.
- Be responsible for the overall planning and directing of all IT functions and electronic banking operations of the Bank, tailored to meet 21st century standards and customer needs.
- Must possess a first degree and professional qualification (ACA, ACCA) in accounting.
- Minimum of 15 years of Banking experience in core accounting functions in a commercial/mortgage Bank or a reputable financial institution.
- Great knowledge of Banking Operations
Skills and Abilities:
- Good managerial, leadership, and Human management skill.