Head, Corporate Governance (CG) Advisory, Research & Publications
Institute of Directors Centre for Corporate Governance (the Centre or IoDCCG), a registered non-profit organisation committed to improving good Corporate Governance standards in Nigeria through Advocacy, Research, Publications, and high-quality training seeks the services of a competent professional to the fill the positions. The Head, CG Advisory, Research & Publications will be responsible for developing content for the Centre’s Corporate Governance services. Providing sustainable high-quality research, securing research funding, and turning-in regular publications that contribute to the Centre’s objectives of advocacy, inculcation, and acculturation of core principles of good corporate governance in Nigeria.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:6 years
The person will also double as the Board Secretary; duties and activity expectations include but are not limited ability to:
- Conceptualise, undertake and publish policy-relevant research on training/development and Corporate Governance, Ethics, Anti-corruption compliance, Regulations, and other related issues.
- Develop and market content for the Centre’s various Corporate Governance Services i.e. Board Induction, Board Evaluation and Corporate Governance Evaluation, Corporate Governance Framework/Audit, etc.
- Work with the Head, Programmes, and Membership to conceptualise Workshops/Trainings/Courses/Certifications as Research may inform as well as Corporate Governance Research and Publications for the benefits of the Centre and its stakeholders, especially its members.
- Provide full Board support to the Centre’s Board of Governors including Annual General Meetings (AGM’s), creation of Agenda, collation and distribution of Board packs, Management of Board Meetings including, producing detailed Board Minutes, etc.
- Participate in the development of the Corporate Governance Policies and Procedures Framework.
- Build the Centre’s reputation as a source of credible research and evidence-based advocacy in Corporate Governance and related fields.
- Seek and nurture collaborations with Private Sector/International Organisations for Research and forum.
- Develop concept notes to aid in sourcing Research grants.
- Quarterly publications, Board Governance Series, Corporate Governance Journals, special sectoral reports, magazines, and newsletters.
- Conceptualise and develop the Centre’s Library (Including e-library), seek book and resource donations by foreign and/or local organisations/publishers.
- Develop and drive the Centre’s e-platforms and its e-publications.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Data Analyst, Finance, Accounting, Law, or other relevant fields. Professional certification and a second degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 - 10 years experience in Corporate Governance function, of which at least 3 years must be in a managerial capacity handling the design of a Corporate Governance Framework and Board Evaluation.
Functional Skills & Specific Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of Corporate Governance practices.
- Strong understanding of database structures, reporting tools, and computer systems.
- Good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS office and program management and development of software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project, etc.)
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting, and budgeting
- Ability to initiate/develop research and training ideas and write convincing proposals.
- Strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos.