BOSS Hotels & Suites is a thriving hotel in Oshodi-Isolo, Lagos. We are now seeking an experienced Head Chef to manage the entire kitchen operations across multiple food sales points within the hotel. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head Chef will be part of the management team and will take overall responsibility for kitchen P&L and operations. This role requires preparing high-quality dishes. The successful candidate must be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff and also ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner.
- Minimum Qualification:Vocational
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavour for the dining rooms, banquets and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
- Additionally, responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food/labour costs
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Give prepared plates the “final touch”
- Perform administrative duties
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- 3 - 5 years of cognate experience in Continental and Intercontinental dishes
- Performs and coordinates all household cooking;
- Oversees the preparation of guest’s food;
- Prepares weekly kitchen shopping list;
- Liaises regularly with storekeeper to ensure regular updates on the stock list and stock level
- Ensures staff compliance with kitchen etiquette
- Receive and store supplies.
- Make sure the kitchen is hygienic and functional.
- Plan menus and estimate food requirements.
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures. Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Take responsibility for the use and maintenance of all kitchen equipment
- Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability