- Controlling and directing the food preparation process.
- Approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer.
- Managing and working closely with other Chefs of all levels
- Creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes, ensuring variety and quality
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking, and ordering
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guideline
- Being responsible for health and safety
Being responsible for food hygiene practices
- Excellent knowledge of all sections
- Ability to produce excellent high-quality food
- Good oral communication
- Team management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities.