Alpha-Plus Apartments 91 is hiring an experienced Head Chef to join our team at Alpha-Plus Apartments 91, Jabi District Abuja F.C.T.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Manages culinary operations to ensure that quality and safety standards are met, service distinctiveness is promoted and available resources are utilised of facilities, equipment and labour through planning, scheduling, ordering and inventory control.
- Develops and implements new methods, techniques, procedures and technologies to achieve higher levels of technical competence, greater cost efficiencies and increased market share; identifies and recommends needed capital improvements.
- Maintains a competent and motivated staff by implementing effective associate selection, training and development and retention programs which maximise productivity, facilitate achievement or performance goals and minimise associate turnover; establishes standards of performance and evaluates staff, initiates corrective action to resolve performance problems and associate conflicts.
- Minimise the number of accidents occurring from unsafe practices by ensuring applicable health and safety standards are understood and applied in the conduct of all work activities
- Participates in the development of the annual budget as it relates to functional areas of responsibility; provides management with continuous planning, forecasting and monitoring of financial detail to verify adherence to plan; implements corrective action where necessary
- Confers with the Food & Beverage Supervisor to formulate short‐term tactics and long‐term strategies to maximize hotel profitability, report progress on present programs and coordinate functional activities toward fulfilment of objectives.
- Maintains a visible public presence by participating in public relations programs and events; coordinates special events with other departments, prepares gourmet dinners for special guests, food and wine societies, and restaurant critics; conducts cooking demonstrations; participates in culinary competitions.
- May investigate associate complaints and recommend a solution.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and monitors the actions of others.
- Attention to customer service with a professional and pleasant personality.
- 3‐4 years as an Executive Chef in a recognised resort or hotel, managing or supervising a staff of culinarians including Sous Chefs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- University degree preferred and/or 2‐3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Manual dexterity; sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 25kg.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of the shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment.
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.