- Direct and control the work and resources of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained, and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the chair and members of the board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers, and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products, and services and retains its competitive edge.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services, and image of the company in the wider community.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments, and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms.
- Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Develop, promote, and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the company’s work.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the company and ensure their approval by the board.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Contribute to and function as a board member within the appropriate governance structures and cognisant of a position of trust.
- Lead the company effectively and ethically in the long-term interest of all its stakeholders.
- Serve as an effective audit committee member and/ or relate the functions of the board to that of the audit committee.
- Oversee a variety of management activities at the board level, including risk management policy formation and oversight of implementation thereof, IT policy formation and oversight of implementation thereof, compliance management policy formation and oversight of implementation thereof, stakeholder policy formation and oversight of implementation thereof, integrated reporting, the management of ethics within the company and, remuneration policy and its implementation.
Apply all role responsibilities and competencies to the effective management of the subsidiaries, specifically to:
- Provide strategic and management oversight.
- Foster a mutually beneficial parent-subsidiary relationship.
- Ensure Consistent, Quality Subsidiary Information with Entity Management Technology
- Strategic expertise: the ability to understand and review the strategy; Business Models and Value Creation; Strategic Risks and Opportunities; Considerations of Wider Environment including Stakeholder Expectations; Impact of Strategy on Society and Natural Environment.
- Legal: the board’s responsibility involves overseeing compliance with numerous laws as well as understanding an individual director’s legal duties and responsibilities; Common Law, Legislation, Including Companies Act, Competition Act, and Other Related Legislation and Codes.
- Risk management & Governance of ethics management: experience in managing areas of major risk to the organisation; Ethics Risk and Opportunity Profile; Policies; Risk Management; Monitoring; Reward.
- Managing people and achieving change: including experience as either a CEO or senior member of a management team in a similar or larger sized organisation
- Industry knowledge: experience in Banking, Fintech and related industries.
- Corporate Governance: Corporate Governance Development and Evolution; Theories; Purpose and Benefits; Application; Linkage with Law; Independence and Conflicts; Governance Structures (Board, Board Committees, Company Secretary, Shareholders, Group Companies) and Delegation Frameworks; Responsible Investing
- Ethical governance: Leadership and Corporate Citizenship; Ethical Values Underpinning Corporate Governance (Responsibility, Accountability, Fairness, Transparency); Moral Duties (Conscience, Commitment, Inclusivity of Stakeholders, Courage, Competence); Sustainability; Stakeholder Inclusivity.
- Remuneration oversight: Role of Remuneration Committees; Components of Remuneration; Linkage with Performance; Ethical Dimension of Remuneration; Policy; Measurement; Reporting; Shareholders’ Say on Pay.
- Combined Assurance model: External Audit, Management Reporting; Internal Audit and Internal Controls; Risk Management Framework.
- Financial literacy: Interpretation and sound working knowledge of financial requirements and information.
- IT governance: IT Charters and Policies; IT Governance Framework; IT Risks – Investment and Expenditure, Protection of Information Assets; Assurance; Disclosure.
- Self-management: Emotional self-control; Transparency Adaptability; Achievement; Positive Demeanour
- Social awareness: Understanding others' perspectives and taking an active interest in their concerns; Reading the currents, decision networks, and politics at the organisational level; recognising and meeting staff, client, and member needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A proven record of success in senior-level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry.
- At least 15 years of senior-level experience in the management of people and resources.
- Graduate-level of intellect preferably with a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification.
- Wide knowledge of the industry.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- An extremely high level of commercial awareness.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent process and project management skills
- A range of N50m to N60m. Possibility of stock options, performance bonus etc
Location: Lagos but with local and foreign trips when needed