1. Strategic Planning and Management
- influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the Relationship Teams and ensures there are systems in place to enable the shop managers to receive the information in a timely manner
- Actively contribute to the development of the Bank’sretail strategy
- Lead the formulation of detailed SBU plans to achieve the Bank’s strategic objectives in the retail banking sector
- Identify critical interdependencies among the other Departments and forge effective organisational linkage to ensure a concerted/seamless implementation of the Bank’s overall business strategy
- Communicate and monitor the implementation of the Bank’s overall strategy and detailed SBU plans Departmental-wide
- Oversee the preparation of the Department’s annual budget and monitor the implementation to minimise overruns
- Spearhead the development of products and services for the retail banking division.
2. Business Development and Customer Management
Ensure a significant increase in market share within the department.
Ensure departments operating cost is within the approved budget.
Ensure zero tolerance for inactive/dormant accounts.
Optimally exploit new and existing opportunities in the market.
Approve expenditure above Business Development Managers limit.
Ensure effective relationship management and bonding with new and existing customers.
Risk asset appraisal, disbursement and monitoring.
Supervise the accumulation of accurate reporting of financial, performance, and regulatory data, ensuring timely delivery.
Lead all aspects of retail sales and service within the bank
Facilitate regular team meetings focused on sales, service and product training.
Participate in community organizations and activities to enhance the bank’s image and develop additional business and referral sources.
Provide leadership and guidance to the Unit Heads in the day-to-day running of the Department
Manage all staff in the department to achieve increased value creation, the volume of business and enhanced profitability for the Bank.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of Business Development Managers
Drive performance of the department – liability generation and quality risk asset creation.
Ensure training and development of retail staff occurs on bank protocol, operational processes, policies and procedures.
Serve as a communication link between all departments and leadership to ensure the team is informed and understands directives, bank financial performance, initiatives and other pertinent information
% attainment of the annual target
% FX Volume
% Asset Quality
Charge Off Ratio
- Number of customers gained
Customer satisfaction rate
Customer retention index
- Agent staff turnover rate
- Knowledge Sharing
- First degree from a reputable university
- Master of Business Administration is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of 10 years experience and 5 relevant years in the banking industry.
Banking structure, policies and procedures.
Credit Structuring and Management
- Communication skill
- Interpersonal Skill
- Leadership & management
- Time management
- IT and Computer Appreciation
- Business and Financial Analytical Skill
- People Management
- Strategic Management Skill
Physical & Other Requirements
- This position will be working in an office environment, utilizing typical office equipment.