- Under the direction of the Director of Impact and Research, the grant writer will design and draft full proposals (proposal narrative, budget, and other required annexes) to be submitted to grant seekers
- Maintain and update calendar or project report obligations
- Follow up with the Director of Impact on the progress of project implementation and the collection of data according to the means of verifications
- Coordinate the collection of information and lead the draft of donor reports and required annexes
- Submit progress reports on grant applications to the Director of Impact
- Support capacity building for the grant writing department by developing assessments, theory of change, stakeholder analysis, and log frames.
- Minimum B.A. and at least 5 years experience in related field
- Knowledge of grant writing and track record of winning grants from foundations. (Highly desired: experience writing and winning US federal grants and/or international development aid)
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Must have a demonstrated ability to craft funding proposals and reports in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and critical thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Apps (google docs, gcal, google sheets)
- Ability to initiate, self-start, and seek out solutions
- Attention to detail
- Organized and able to meet deadlines