The goal is to design and fabricate and analyse mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
- Perform a full life cycle product development (design, develop, analyse, manufacture and implement)
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Produce outline designs
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Solicit observations from operators
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
- Work with superior engineers to achieve project goals at specified timeline.
- Proven theoretical knowledge and working experience in the aforementioned field of engineering
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA).
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, Caesar ii or similar)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge such as Exce
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- BSc or BEng degree in Engineering