About FoodnVeggies Mart
FoodnVeggies Mart is a startup that partners with busy mums and dads who currently struggle with the demand to meet their daily food needs by delivering fresh foodstuff, vegetables, fruits and more, to their homes thus giving them more time to nurture great families and do the things that really matter.
FoodnVeggies is founded on a Christian ethos. We are intentional about living, believing that our work is a form of worship. As such, our focus is on operations that are excellent, actions that are full of integrity, and customer service borne out of a desire to perpetuate love to others. We believe that if we exhibit these values in our interactions with our clients, they could be inspired to practice the same.
As a small startup with a big vision, our team may be required to work for long hours while we provide adequate incentives and rewards for work done. As such, we seek people who are focused on excellence, open & transparent about challenges, who will innovate often, sometimes make mistakes and learn from them, then go again. We intend to work together, supporting each other, to deliver efficiently.
- Service to God and Man: I do my best work knowing I am working for God
- Love: I build personal connections with my customers and colleagues
- Excellence: I always find a better way to get every task done
- Tribe: I always act in the best interest of the team
- Stewardship: I always get the most value from every resource in my possession
- Fun: I create an enjoyable work environment
What does the internship entail?
The internship program will last for a maximum of 2 months during which each intern will be assessed on the following;
- Character/attitude fit
- Personality fit
- Value fit
- Team dynamics fit
- Drive & Grit
- Ability to take initiative and think independently
FoodnVeggies’ Graduate Interns will be trained and tested across a varied range of roles and areas within the business and will be required to contribute to real business drivers and objectives.
What happens after the 2months internship elapse?
At the end of the 2-month internship period each intern will assess based on the criteria listed above and successful candidates will be offered one of the roles below while unsuccessful candidates will have their internship terminated.
1. Accounting and Resource stewardship
2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
3. Operations Lead
4. Social media management
What would you require to succeed?
- Leadership skills: Lead by example through excellence, decision making with an open mind to consider contrasting views, intent/outcome-focused leadership style and ability to develop and harness employees to their highest potential.
- Tactical thinking & planning skills: Ability to distill and implement strategic ideas and plans with clear timelines, targets, and recovery plans.
- Great People skills: Nurture a healthy culture that harnesses colleague’s potential, strong interpersonal connections and encourages growth in every employee with a focus on their natural abilities.
- Communication Skills: Articulate thoughts, strategies, and plans in clear language (written or verbal) that can be understood by every individual at all levels within the organization.
- Undergraduate degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) from an accredited institution; a Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience and/or skill in the application of business and quality improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, lean process improvement, etc.
What do we think about work?
We realize that a lot of applicants worry about feelings of stagnation, boring work routines, and lacking fulfillment while working in a toxic environment of betrayal, unhealthy competition and fear.
At FoodnVeggies Mart, we strive to create an environment where;
- Personal development is a chance to dig deep to find and do what you are best at, an opportunity to discover you are our competitive advantage.
- A culture of learning, innovation, and meaningful connections.
- Colleagues are like family; a place to enjoy meaningful work and relationships.
- Work is aligned to a vision to make a social difference and affect culture through service and excellence.
- Remuneration is competitive and is based on performance, competence, and culture fit.
Our vision for our staff is a tribe of individuals who perform at their max potential, complementing each other’s weaknesses, experiencing fulfillment in their lives, and living out remarkable values/culture thus changing their communities.
Successful interns will receive a total monthly pay of N50,000 monthly during the 2 month period. This is subject to an upward review upon role confirmation at the completion of the internship