The General Manager, Human Resources will be responsible for front-line Human Resource leadership. This position is responsible for the development and execution of HR programs and strategies across a full spectrum of Human Resources services to support the company's operations and business initiatives. It also requires you to act as a change agent while driving organizational effectiveness through talent acquisition, training, leadership development, employee engagement, workplace safety, diversity and inclusion, labour relations and compliance.
Strategic Business Partnership
- Identify, create and implement innovative human capital solutions that enhance business performance.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Work with other departmental heads to create a staffing plan based on business growth, workforce planning, analytics, and diversity objectives.
- Acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts.
- Develop a solid internal mentorship program.
- Lead and direct the Human Resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
- Drive talent review and succession planning processes using a consultative approach that ensures a strong talent bench.
- Work with other management team members to create and ensure the successful completion of individual development plans.
- Provide managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement
- Champion the shaping and sustaining of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Consult with the company leadership to develop plans to promote an inclusive environment that is engaging, enabling and energizing, and one where workers can thrive.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
Government, Employee and Labor Relations
- Develop and sustain a workplace that mirrors the company's business Employee Value Proposition
- Lead investigations, prepare summaries and make recommendations with a sense of urgency, ensuring comprehensive resolutions
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records as per the ISO requirements.
- In-charge of all establishments governmental and labour unions dealings such as visas, work permits, labour permissions etc.
- In-charge of CBA negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Develop, communicate, interpret, and consistently apply company policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource processes.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- BA/BSc/MSc Degree in Business/HR/Organizational Development or equivalent.
- CIPM and other human resources related Certification(s) preferred.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- The HR General Manager is a senior management position and must have a minimum of 15 years progressive Human Resources experience (out of which 8 years must be in a senior HR position) in a mining, exploration, construction or manufacturing industry with a broad understanding of core HR processes, specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and labour relations.
- Building a Strong synergy between Nigerians and expatriates will be an outstanding advantage.
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills) and able to effectively champion ideas, influence, and present to the leadership team
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities, diverse audiences and challenging environments.
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues.
- Consolidated pay of N800,000 to N1,200,000 per month with a company-provided accommodation, car and driver.
- Other benefits include Medical for staff and family, life insurance, contributory pension etc.
- The Deadline for submission is April 30, 2021.