- Addressing all surgery-related as well as departmental complaints and issues.
- Conducting surgeries and advising on medical cases where required.
- Supervising continuing education programs and forwarding information about conferences and other learning opportunities to colleagues.
- Setting goals and helping colleagues achieve them.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the medical field and constantly expanding professional networks.
- Specialist qualification in General Surgery (i.e. Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons, National Postgraduate Medical College or Equivalent)
- Current Practicing license
- Computer Literate
- Experience in laparoscopic surgery will be an added advantage.