A client is searching for a competent General Manager with the requisite knowledge and drive to grow the Vigipay Company. The General Manager would be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships at the executive director level and building a strong financial base to sustain and surpass the Business Unit’s yearly budget.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Formulation, Development, and Execution of Strategic business plans & policies for the achievement of organizational goals
- Responsible for sales and business development of the company's platform to large corporates, governments, and financial institutions
- Responsible for the managing the operations of the Business Unit as well as hitting set targets
- Responsible for constantly interfacing with the Nigerian Interbank Settlement Services (NIBSS) and financial institutions to ensure efficient and seamless of all payment channels
- Responsible for designing efficient and enhanced sales and business development strategies to ensure exponential growth of the BU’s gross processed volume and revenue
- Responsible for driving cross-sector partnerships to deliver maximum value to clients
- Responsible for managing the Business Unit’s costs to ensure profitability.
- Recommend for effective Project Management, suitable standards, and policies that will help to improve areas of expertise and the organization's operations at large
- Functional in the management of the end-to-end process of the entire business unit
- Recommend policies and standards that are aimed at ensuring optimal utilization of the company/departmental resources for the overall achievement of the company's set objectives; long-term and periodic.
- Be the resource person for all environmental regulatory requirements for the company to operate wherever it is located and advise employees on the implications of defaulting on these rules
- Any other related assignment that may be assigned by the management from time to time
Job Competencies and Capabilities:
- Technical problem solving, communication, critical thinking, and leadership skills.
- Strong remittance experience and product view
- Experience in the banking sector is a plus
- Strong understanding of project financial management and reporting
- Proven work experience as a Business Manager, Account manager, or other relevant experience
- Strong understanding of business financials
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the Local Information Technology industry.
- Ability to manage and supervise a large number of sales/marketing personnel. Must be positioned to develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, regulations, procedures, and work standards for the team
- Proven ability to oversee multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matric organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Execution focused – “get it done or go home” attitude
- Strong leadership, inspirational and managerial skills
- Sound Judgment and on-your-feet decision-making ability
- Excellent relational skill
- Excellent People Management skills.
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritize work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Can-do approach
- Committed to delivering high-quality results, with cost-effective use of resources
- Discreet and respects confidentiality
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
- Flexibility is important. He or She would be expected to network and socialize with clients, the media, and colleagues to build and maintain relationships and this may sometimes require working on weekends.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Must be ready to relocate to Lagos.