Job title: General Manager (Female)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial planning, management, and reporting, including ensuring that financial records are accurate, up-to-date, and available in a timely manner.
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and legal compliance.
- Monitoring and controlling budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- The development of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and negotiations for the procurement of agency goods and services.
- Ensuring a proper vendor management system is in place and in use.
- Reviewing and approving the procurement and payment of invoices.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and contributing information, analysis, policies, procedures, methods, guidelines, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; and, establishing HR objectives in line with corporate goals.
- Developing HR financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; establishing department accountabilities; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Directing the provision of administration services across the business, including but not limited to, maintaining efficient and accurate records both online and offline; clerical and admin support to the different departments; online research; offline filing, cataloguing, and retrieval; and, efficient office and admin systems.
- Directing the professional and efficient management of the operations, logistics, and inventory of the company and its Rent A Rig division.
- Facilities and inventory planning and allocation; maintenance, repairs and replacement; and management of operations services provided by third parties.
- Responsibility for the IT infrastructure for the company, including the planning and budgeting; vendor management and resourcing; implementation of the necessary tools and services (for instance, software and hardware installations; systems administration and general computer support; server/s; upgrades; software license management; network and printer support; security measures and a disaster recovery plan; and, general helpdesk functions for the company operations).
- Driving the company’s paperless office and digital-first goals and agenda; enforcing best practice measures across the company’s projects, processes, functions, and operations; and, ensuring preparedness for compliance audits.
- Analysing current processes, recommending and implementing procedural or policy changes to improve cross-company operations and save costs.
- On-going organizational planning and strategic business consultancy.
- Management of, and, providing leadership, motivation, direction, support, and training, to and for, direct reports.
- Constantly communicating with all stakeholders to keep them updated, including attending meetings and preparing regular reports.
- Undertaking any necessary duties to ensure a first-class service is provided always.
- Being an ambassador for the business always.
Qualifications, Competency & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Public Administration.
- Microsoft Office, fiscal (budget and accounting), project management, analytical/problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- A minimum of twelve years’ related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experienced database, financial, and warehousing software user.
- Competent Internet, email, and Google applications user.
Candidate Abilities & Personality Profile:
- An organized and assertive individual who is proactive, creative, and resourceful.
- An outstanding team player and a self-starter, able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Great at staying calm and diplomatic under intense pressure.
- Able to manage own time and prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met and target achieved and take personal responsibility for own work and actions.
- Works well within a secure and confidential environment, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy always.
- Uses own initiative and capable of making simple, as well as business-critical decisions, when necessary, and, respond well to challenges.
- Clear verbal communicator with an excellent telephone manner.
- Able to work accurately with excellent attention to detail always.
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and a professional manner and approach always, including an equable temperament and tone, and neat appearance.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The efficiency of the company’s tax and financial records.
- Effectiveness of financial strategy and planning.
- Comparative cost savings achieved per cost line, project, and quarter.
- Internal customer satisfaction.
- Staff performance and turnover levels.
- Internal process quality and efficiency and profitability of operations.
- Decreasing levels of network failure, loss of connectivity, and other IT downtime.
- The comprehension and adoption of changes and a new culture by all employees.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s administration.
- Quality of work: at a world-class standard that surpasses the ‘wow’ factor.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be added or permanently required.