The Investment Manager will be required to work alongside other Investment Executives and officers, also with Managers and Directors across the full range of the Fund’s investment activities.
Activities will include:
• Driving forward proposed investments including ability to conduct independent analysis engage with counterparties and professional advisors and seek deal approvals, including navigation of complex elements of transactions / portfolio activities
• Playing a significant role in progressing proposed investments including supporting negotiations with third parties over investment terms
• Producing high quality papers and presentations for the internal investment process
• Monitoring responsibilities of investment performance
• Setting scope of analysis and organising advisors with the intention of performing due diligence of proposed investments, and, in particular, due diligence of medium to large enterprises being considered for investment
• Proposing and implementing plans of action/next steps and monitoring progress and delivery; tracking transaction progress and coordinating various work streams involved in completing an investment
• Understanding and appreciating company strategies
WHAT WE LOOK FOR The ideal candidate will: -
Must have an established record in Investment Research, quite possibly achieved within an Investment Consultancy or Asset Management;
- Proven experience in understanding of Investment products - the investment managers, how and by whom the funds are
managed, the merits of different investment processes, an ability to interpret outcomes;
- Have a relevant third level qualification or related field (Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Legal, Business
Administration) MBA, CPA and or CFA preferred
Experience 5+ years’ experience working in a commercial or advisory environment, and ideally with prior experience of any of the following types of transactions; commercial/corporate banking, lending, corporate finance, private equity, venture capital, tax, legal, or similar environment. In addition, experience working on corporate finance, restructuring, lending, or venture transactions will be an advantage. Possess experience of relationship management with external stakeholders, commercial clients, borrowers, such as investees and/or other third parties.
Ideal candidate will have a range of the following skills:
• An independent operator and analytical thinker
• A strong communicator, both in writing and verbally
• An open and good collaborator
• Displays high level of appetite, flexibility, accuracy, speed, delivery and reliability
• Flexible and considerate team player
• Good range of interpersonal skills to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Strong Financial and Analytical Skills.
• Significant PC proficiency including Microsoft Office skills for financial modeling.
• Ability to multi-task and good organizational skills and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of investment portfolio theory and process of manager evaluation and selection.
• Take personal responsibility for the timeliness and quality of the work performed and for the ratings assigned at the Investment Committee.
• It will be of added advantage that you also have an appreciation of ESG investing.
• An ability to develop quantitative screens and performance models would be an added advantage.
• Other Duties as assigned.
- Highly competitive salary
- Minimum 24 days annual leave
- Excellent Defined Contribution pension provisions
- Company bonus scheme