We are looking for a passionate, experienced, confident, and competent General Manager to manage all the aspects of the development of a 1,255.93 Hectares Oil Palm plantation in Oban, Cross River State, Nigeria. The person must be an experienced project manager who can manage and coordinate all the aspects of the project as detailed below under Job Content and Responsibilities. The person’s basic training is not as important as the ability to manage people, equipment, and other resources to execute different aspects of the project. He reports to the Board through the Executive Chairman or as the Chairman may direct.
Job Content and Responsibilities
In addition to the management of all the staff, resources and relationships associated with the position of GM, the following areas are highlighted.
a) Financial Planning: A thorough financial planning of the project is necessary. While a specialist consultant may be engaged to do the detailed analysis of the project feasibility, the GM must have enough knowledge to ensure input of all relevant factors.
b) Land Clearing and Preparation: Arranging for the land clearing using both machine and manual clearing, and preparation for planting. Hiring staff as may be necessary.
c) Timber Operations: Hiring the right people to undertake the timbering operation and arranging the sale of the timber to generate income for the project.
d) Discussing with prospective investors who would like to cooperate with the company in providing farm inputs.
e) Liaising with all stakeholders including government agencies, landlords and workers.
There will be agreed performance bonuses for assignments successfully carried out. For the truly passionate performer there is the option of shareholding and directorship in the business.
There will also be free accommodation in Oban, and use of the company vehicle which shall be maintained and fueled by the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good university degree
- Special training in Project Management
- At least 15 years of proven record in managing projects some of which must be in Agric projects
- Preferably over 40 years old and happily married.
- Must be IT savvy, proficiency in Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
- Proven office admin experience
·Knowledge of business management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to THINK and love for problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills