Specific Duties & Responsibilities
1. Development of Business Development and Marketing Strategy
ü Carry out a review of the Nigerian, West African and Global Energy Sector, comprising the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas sector as well as the power sector, identifying emerging business trends, business drivers, as well as threats.
ü Identify business opportunities for the company across the value chain.
ü Develop and present to Executive Management of the company for approval, an implementable medium term (3 years) business development strategy and action plan. This action plan is to be reviewed and updated on a quarterly basis with an additional outer year at the end of each year.
2. Embark on Aggressive Business Development Activities in line with the developed Action Plan
ü Ensure full implementation of the medium term business development strategy and action plan.
ü Acting as the representative of the company in the front end of the business development cycle.
ü Take leadership and undertake all actions that would drive business development for the company, the process of acquisition of oil and gas assets by the Company as well as the achievement of the main business objects of the company; ensuring its viability, profitability, industry leadership and sustainability.
ü Develop and maintain strong working relationships with various governmental officials, regulatory agencies, business partners as well as other stakeholders to stay abreast of political, legislative, commercial and civil events that may impact the business of the company.
ü Work to establish a formidable professional and ethical image for the company within the markets it conducts business.
ü Ensure speedy registration of the company and its subsidiaries with relevant industry regulators and ensure that this is up to date at all times.
ü Identify key target entities that may require the various services offered by the company and its subsidiaries and ensure that the company meets up with their respective registration requirements and duly registered within record time period.
ü Follow through business opportunities opened up by Executive Management of the company to ensure that the opportunities are turned into viable businesses.
ü Attend key sector events and ensure that the company’s name is well projected among sector players and regulators.
ü Be active in contributing to energy sector policy developments and lobbying at Government level to help shape and influence future energy policies.
ü Identifying and developing new capability (through technology, organic development, partnerships or acquisition).
3. Develop and implement strategies for winning bids
ü Liaise with both internal and external parties to develop bid strategies
ü Providing strategic Win-Work expertise in implementing the strategies and leading major bids to hit the growth target set by the Executive Management.
ü Take leadership in ensuring that all documentations and other requirements for individual bid submissions are met.
ü Act as a point of contact for clients during tendering process on every aspect of their need, pre and post submission of bid, and articulating how best to ensure the company meets those needs.
ü If and when required, source, shortlist and recommend external subject matter experts.
ü Liaise with approved subject matter experts such as estimators who produce the technical or price element of a bid to ensure that quality; time and financial budget targets are met.
ü As the company grows in the market, create, lead, and oversee a well- balanced bid team to ensure bid submissions in line with agreed strategies that would give the company good chances of success.
4. Leadership and Operational Responsibilities
ü Responsibility for the overall success of the company as it relates to operations, marketing & sales, funds sourcing, hiring, retention and
ü disengagement of key human resources, compliance with all relevant and applicable legislations and requirements, public relations and any other matter impacting the company’s business operations.
ü Providing quality leadership to the team to enable the fulfillment of the company’s objectives with the primary focus that the company becomes a leading service provider in the international oil and gas space especially in the key areas of shipping and trading in crude oil, Naphtha, Fuel Oil and refined clean products across West and South Africa, Europe, US and Far East Asia.
ü In collaboration with the Executive Management, build a virile workforce for the company, ensuring a fair and consistent performance management/appraisal system, good work climate for the employees, fair reward and sanction regime, promotions, good staff welfare, etc.
ü Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on operations management for all projects and programs of the company.
ü Lead the day-to-day operations of the company in accordance with the strategic plan and operating/capital budgets.
ü Ensure satisfactory execution of the day-to-day operations of all company activities so that projects are delivered on time, at the right quality and within agreed budget.
ü Collaborate with Executive Management in the development of operating systems, governing policies, processes and procedures for operations of the organization.
ü Support and drive the HSE culture of zero harm, implementing established health, safety, security, and environmental policies.
ü Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations with adherence to high ethical standards.
ü Represent the company at meetings and correspond with third parties including contractors and business partners on behalf of the Company.
ü Ensure delivery of key management reports to the Executive Management.
ü Perform such other duties as may be determined and assigned to him from time to time by the MD or any other senior ranking member of the Executive Management.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Work Experience
• First degree in engineering, geology or business related field.
• Possession of a second degree preferably an MBA.
• Minimum of 15 years post graduation experience in business development role in the Oil and Gas Sector.
• At least 7 years experience in a senior management position or as Group Head of business development/sales or marketing department.
• Good working knowledge of supply chain management or procurement system.
• Fair knowledge of the oil and gas sector business dynamics
Desired Competency and Skills Requirements
• The role will require the candidate to have experience and broad understanding of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Market in terms of clients; competition; supply chain; market segments as well as current political landscape.
• Ability to initiate, develop and build new client relationships through utilisation of own links in the industry and relevant government departments.
• Have an established client base across the Oil & Gas market and a network that will enable him/her develop and foster relationships with senior stakeholders.
• Ability to learn fast the full capability of the company and its technical partners and harnessing this for the business development activities.
• A self-starter, motivated by the prospect of winning in a challenging work situation.
• Thrive on working in a fast moving, client facing environment
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
• Effective at engaging and managing stakeholders, internal & external, at all levels.
• An ability to shape high end and complex value propositions that will WOW the client.
• Ability to apply “big picture” thinking
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Be creative and a good communicator (Strong verbal, presentational and report writing skills).
• Result oriented
• Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve desired objectives.
• High energy level; ebullient, proactive and resourceful
• Net annual salary of N21.6million
• Gross salary will entail adding PAYE and Pension contribution
2. Expatriate (Nigerian living abroad can be treated as an expatriate)
• Net annual salary of US$60,000
• Official vehicle, plus driver