The responsibilities of the position holder include but is not limited to the following:
• Develop and implement the short- and long-term strategies for the organisation to achieve success.
• Identify new agribusiness opportunities and growth areas based on sound commercial principles to drive the growth of the Company’s portfolio
• Lead, oversee and manage all aspects of the company’s operation on a day-to-day basis to ensure specified KPIs are achieved.
• Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments, and other business ventures
• Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
• Allocate and delegate roles, responsibilities and tasks clearly, effectively matching the level of responsibility with the appropriate skills, experience and authority required within the company.
• Be the face of the Company and deliver appropriate representation to cover Corporate communication and public relations to strengthen the company’s profile.
• Enable a thriving work environment, building and leading a highly motivated team.
• As the ideal candidate, you will need to be a strategist and inspiring leader with an entrepreneurial mindset. You must be resilient with strong crisis management skills. To be successful in the role, you must be a prudent manager, be creative with a business mindset and can see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. An understanding of finance and management principles is also essential.
• Demonstrable experience in developing and executing strategic business plans for exponential double-digit year-on-year organic growth aligned with Shareholder Vision.
• Post-graduate, business, and professional qualifications in relevant fields.
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in operations management in the food or agribusiness sectors.
• Experience reporting to a Board of Directors / Managing Director
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
•Compensation Range – N250k – N350k (dependent on requisite experience)