- Identify ,register, follow and close GBV cases
· Ensure Monthly meetings of women organizations to inform their participation and contribution to discussion of the camp based COVID 19 and GBV Response committees
· Strengthen functionality of WGFS in the target camps
- Work closely with the Male Engagement consultant and provide input into transformative prevention materials including curricula and training guides that help men understand, reflect on and start to change attitudes around power, gender, masculinities and male privilege.
- Facilitate and support Men’s Dialogue groups that encourage men to reflect on a change attitudes and behaviors related to violence against women and girls.
- Support ongoing community engagement to facilitate acceptance of activities and approaches.
- Train members of CBCGRC in rights education, protection risks and GBV
· With supervision of the GBV officer, Establish a Camp Based COVID 19 and GBV Response Committee in target camps (CBCGRC) comprising of at least 35% women in both membership and leadership
· Ensure PSS, case management and referral services are provided to GBV survivors
· Sensitize and train IDP women and girls on children rights, GBV, protection risks and on how to access GBV-related services in their community
- Ensure proper documentation of cases
- Engage community leaders, men and boys in risk mitigation activities through community forums and themes such as negative masculinity, challenging harmful gender norms, gender equality, ending GBV and the consequences of GBV on individuals, families and communities; early and child marriage
- Manage through facilitators disclosures of violence in a survivor centered manner including referrals for services.
- Develop GBV case plan.
- Performing other duties as required
- Actively participate in the sensitization of the beneficiaries and community on COVID-19
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- National Diploma/NCE in psychology, sociology, Social work, Development studies or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience.
- Proven practical experience in case management.
- Good written and spoken English.
Ability to communicate in local languages (Hausa and Kanuri) will be an added advantage