- You will be responsible for all furniture upholstery.
Requirements and Skills
- Using power and hand tools, apply and install batting, foam, poly-filler and cut fabric to wooden framework in the assembly of hand-crafted furniture
- Attach finishes, including buttons, trim, tassels and other decorative accessories, to complete orders according to specifications
- Measure and cut fabric or leather pieces with the aid of patterns or stencils and industrial cutting tools to precise sizes and dimensions
- Create templates of fabrics.
- Inspect wooden frame work for defects and make repairs as needed prior to upholstery application and other finish work
- Operate sewing Machine, nail guns, hobnail and tack hammers, hot-knife cutters and other industrial equipment
- Determine fabric inventory and provide status updates about fabric availability to managers
- Practical knowledge of furniture industry and upholstery.