· Ability to operate and manage machines in a furniture factory – panel saw, drilling, boring, edge-banding machines, etc.
· Ability to give estimated time for completion of furniture installation job.
· Must be experienced in reading and interpretation of kitchen or cabinet plans and drawing to specifications.
· Ensure the quality of work delivered in the factory is according to specified standards and specifications.
· Supports the departmental head on all activities relating to Factory operations.
· Ensure jobs are installed to the satisfaction of the customers (internal/external) when requested.
· Should be able to generate and develop cut-list.
· Should be able to start and finish a job with minimum supervision.
· Should have the knowledge of work safety and proper handling of tools.
· Train and direct other departmental staff when required.
· Support the departmental head and management in ensuring the aims are achieved.
· Capable of performing the duties and other duties as assigned.
· Cleans and manages assigned machines in the Factory.
· Ensures customers adhere to factory regulations.
· Ensures he is aware of quality control, and knows what to watch out for.
· Other duties assigned.
Description of Ideal Candidate:
· Experience in the furniture industry is NOT negotiable. He must have a minimum of 3 years' experience as an installer/machinist or carpentry.
· A relevant certificate will be an added advantage