Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure outstanding customer care at all times.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanour at all times.
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Adhere to company credit limit / floor limit policies.
- Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guests preferences and special requests.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department’s especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
- Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Ensure Front office logbook and hotel log book is always updated and acted upon.
- Ensure safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security manager or General Manager.
- Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
- As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills. Experience of motivating and leading a winning team.
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure.
- Highly fluent in and excellent command of English language (written and spoken)
Degree level educated or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates
Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
· Experience as a Front Desk Manager or Supervisor in a hotel is essential for this role.