Duties are as follows:
- Conduct studies to discover ways to improve the efficiency of production processes
- Oversee the hiring and training of food production personnel
- Developing world class food formulas to put the company at competitive advantage relative to others in the industry
- Ensure that production activities are carried out according to best practices
- Monitor every aspect of production to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards
- Ensure manufacturing and processing staff wear appropriate sanitary and protective gear to ensure health and safety
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and replacement of production equipment to ensure smooth work operations
- Develop and promote new food products to boost sales and increase generated returns
- Allot work tasks to company staff according to their specialization and history
- Set production objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets
- Conduct forecast to identify potential risks and contingencies in a proposed project
- Prepare periodic reports to update upper management on food production activities
- Create work shifts to ensure round-the-clock food production operations
- Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials and processed food products
- Ensure products and raw materials are stored properly at optimum conditions
- Carry out surveys to identify customer requirements and adjust to meet such needs
- Ensure all company regulations and government legislation are adhered to
- Attend seminars, conferences, and educational programs to update job knowledge.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology, or manufacturing engineering, or in a similar discipline, with prior experience in a food manufacturing, storage or handling industry.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a food production technician is required
- Leadership Skill: Must be skilled in directing and coordinating the activities of food production personnel to ensure efficient operations
- Time-management Skill: Must be able to achieve production targets within set timeframe
- Decision-making Skill: Must be able to adapt to taking key production decisions to ensure manufacture of high-quality products.
Application deadline: 2 weeks after the posting date.