- Manage client fixed income portfolio in conjunction with our Wealth Management Advisors.
- Develop position swap strategies for managing fixed income portfolio duration.
- Monitor credit and duration of existing holdings to assess continued exposure.
- Research new investment ideas for portfolio consideration.
- Execute individual fixed income transactions while adhering to the fixed income 4-point test.
- Focus on continuous improvement in the areas of fixed income trading, credit modeling, and monitoring systems.
- Provide research and input in the development of the Greenleaf Trust-approved asset allocation strategy.
- Support Wealth Management Advisors with client-specific requests.
- Develop seminar and conference call materials and participate in the presentation of this material.
- Initiate, monitor successfully execute and settle primarily fixed income trades in conjunction with GLT Operations, Wealth Management Advisors, and outside brokerage relationships.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5years experience in financial analysis (ideally fixed income/credit analysis or trading) or equivalent education and experience.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation required.
- Expert Excel knowledge and experience required.
- Strong Bloomberg knowledge and experience desired.
TALENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong communications skills.
- Strong thought leadership and analytical ability.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong ability in the identification and implementation of process and systems improvements.
- Ability to develop and refine complex financial models, analytical processes, and methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to develop and grow a robust learning environment among the Research Team.
- Strong decision-making and consensus-building skills required in the asset selection process.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently while fully functioning in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while investment recommendations are reviewed and challenged by other Research Team members.
- Ability to monitor and assess numerous data sources, industry sectors, asset classes, and investments.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment with Wealth Management Advisors, Compliance, and Operations on trades and other issues tied to Research Team.
- Ability to work in a complex environment and successfully perform with multiple priorities.
- Ability to fully and successfully complete trades / resolve issues in the area of fixed income trades.
- Creatively develop new investment strategies, robust risk mitigation approaches, and process improvements.