- Liaises with HOD, FPR to develop/update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and strategies across the Group.
- Manages the day-to-day accounting transactions and ensures the accurate recordings/postings of financial data.
- Prepares the trial balance and financial reports (e.g. bank reconciliations, balance sheet, profit and loss accounts).
- Implements control systems and processes to secure the organization’s assets.
- Acts to ensure the accuracy of inventory balances by reconciling the book balance of stock/cash to physical balances.
- Monitors the fixed asset ledgers to ensure accuracy of balances by effectively reconciling book balance to physical balance.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors to discuss and resolve queries.
- Provides detailed and accurate reports to Executive management on a regular basis to support business objectives.
- Analyze and interpret financial information for Company strategic planning and business decision making.
- Prepare weekly work plans and time sheets for submission to Head of Department.
- Departmental Budget Savings of at least 20%.
- Promptness of service delivery and support for other departments.
- Be a role model for the entire team and always keep the team morale and energy high.
- Provide Accounting policy (Specific to Financial Reporting) orientation for new employees admitted into the department.
- Closure of audit non-conformity within stipulated time
- Attendance of departmental quality meeting and technical meetings.
- Integrity of physical and electronic accounting financial information.
- Timely resolution of accounts discrepancies.
- Accuracy in documentation and easy retrieval of financial transaction records.
- Number of timely losses within the Organization on various transactions identified.
- Timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Timeliness, completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Relevance of reports to decision making.
Compliance and record management:
- Timely completion of reconciliation of accounts.
- Accuracy in filing and easy retrieval of documents.
- Non-compliance of staff to finance policies and procedures.
- No. of detected breaches in internal controls.
- Frequency and number of fraud incidents.
- Managing the team efficiently.
- Trouble shooting.
- Contribution to the employee productivity.
- Prompt submission of Monthly and Quarterly performance reports.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent follow through, ability to pay attention to details and organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism and dedication towards work.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skill
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Strategic thinking, forecasting and planning skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills.
- Able to identify and manage both transactional and operational risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Business Management/Economics
- Minimum of 6 years experience in Accounting
- Real Estate experience is an added advantage
- Must be professionally Qualified as an Accountant