- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- ACCA/ICAN qualified
- Required Experience
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Minimum of 6+ years of combined accounting and finance experience.
- Provide accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring budgets, forecast
CEO is appraised of key issues that need to be discussed with the Board
of Directors to enable them fully understand the financial position of
- To review and ensure appropriate overall performance reporting to the CEO and Board of trustees.
- To support the chief executive and senior team to develop a medium-term financial plan.
- To be responsible for all statutory reporting, compliance, annual accounts and VAT etc.
work with the office team to develop finance policies and procedures
and ensure that these are being consistently followed - including
customer and supplier contracts, purchase orders, credit control, and
ensuring timely invoicing by suppliers
- To manage the annual audit
process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory
accounts are produced within the required deadlines
- To ensure that
budgets and management accounts accurately reflect the business
activity, that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly,
that variances from budget and other issues are investigated and
- Oversee the operations of the accounts department, including
the design of an organisational structure adequate for achieving the
department's goals and objectives
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet on-going operational and capital investment requirements
- Mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Engage in on-going cost reduction analysis in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interprete the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company productivity
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analysis and reports as requested by management
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizes return, limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
Skills & Attributes
- Managing processes and developing standards.
- Audit, Accounting and Corporate Finance
- Developing budgets, tracking budget expenses
- Strong communication and decision making ability.
- Business, finance and marketing skills.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Good negotiating and management skills.
- The ability to work in a team with other professionals.