- Support preparation of payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Support payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Support preparation of advances
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account
- Maintain accounting files
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation
- Support the preparation of all financial reports as requested by the supervisor
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with NACA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval.
- Ensure audit compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, experience working with donor-funded projects an advantage.
- Ability to use basic accounting software (SAP)
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting, and compliance with donor requirements.
- Experience in budgeting and budget management
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision work and as part of a diverse team
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills.
Duration of contract: 33 months