SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (http://www.snv.org) is a Dutch based International Development Organisation that provides market-based solutions for the poor through local institutions and organisations in 24 developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV has recently opened an office (SNV LTD/GTE) in Abuja and is now seeking a country finance officer to support its work in country. The Finance Officer supports projects in their financial administration, ensuring the project finance is compliant to SNV policies and procedures as well as donor finance procedures, regulations, and guidelines. The Country Finance Officer safeguards the finance control of projects, including budget and periodic progress monitoring and takes actions for overall profitability/financial health in line with the budget. The post is projected part-time to start with but may grow to a full-time position as the portfolio of work expands. The position is a 50% post, but the determination of days and hours to be worked will be discussed with shortlisted applicants at the interview.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Financial Accounting and Administration:
- Prepare monthly Project financial reports in line with international best practices, national requirements, and donor agreements
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of depletion reports and financial forecasts ensuring accuracy in budget monitoring
- Responsible for month-end closure processes ensuring that monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and bank accounts are carried out in compliance with SNV Financial procedures taking the lead in the reconciliation of receipts, payments, and other relevant control accounts.
- Ensure timely production of reports and accounting information.
- Ensure submission of data and reports to meet national accounting requirements and reporting needs for SNV LTD/GTE, a company limited by guarantee (including SCUML; Tax; etc.)
- Ensure necessary payments are remitted to tax authorities.
- Review all invoices and confirm accuracy before processing payments.
- Participate in asset management ensuring timely recording and monitoring of all Fixed Assets.
- Participate in the internal and external audit processes
- Ensure that SNV Internal Control Frame is followed in all Project financial transactions
- Responsible for ensuring control, monitoring, and execution of all financial transactions, budgeting, administration and planning, and control
- Prepare and monitor monthly liquidity requests.
Financial business control and information
- Regularly provides (requested and non-requested) financial reports, analysis, and advice to provide insight into the overall project's financial status in order to safeguard financial performance, and profitability and to estimate financial risks and take precautions. All in line with donor, national, and SNV financial guidelines.
- Provides advice, balancing country interests, relevant regulations, corporate standards, and guidelines, taking the project set-up with different donor regulations into account.
- Guides the Deputy Country Director with country budgets, country project administrations
- Provides financial reports to meet both internal and external donor requirements.
- Supports the project manager in being compliant with internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of projects.
Support to Business Development
- Assists in the development of budgets in proposals. Guides and oversees qualification process for grants if applicable.
- Provides support on office operations, including administration, logistics, and IT.
- Degree in Finance or related field and/or ACCA or CIMA professional qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with reputable organizations
- Must have a dynamic and proactive approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy is a must
- Controlling progress: The ability to control the progress of employees’ processes, tasks, activities, and of one’s own work and responsibilities.
- Focus on quality: Setting high-quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
Work Type: Contract- One year renewable
Remuneration: NGN 235,000 - 540,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.