Circuit Pointe is looking for a Finance Officer to join our team. We are an NGO with a vision of a gender-balanced world so our work is focused on advancing the rights of women and girls through rights-based education, and empowerment, and advocating for the abandonment of social norms that condone gender inequality and gender-based violence. We are looking for a team player to design, coordinate and implement our projects' monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework. You must have excellent report writing, data analytics, self-starter, and follow-up skills. Also, you must be willing to learn something new every day, desire to be part of a team, and bring a positive attitude to work.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Maintained records of all expenditures related to project and organization funds; keeping them transparent and up-to-date and always ready for accessibility.
- Monitor the daily expenditure, and conduct daily cash reconciliations and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Daily update of cash book and monthly update of cheque register.
- Conduct trial balance and update ledger.
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all projects and management reports.
- Review cash advance requests, funds retirement, and supporting documents
- Prepare requests for payment (cheque payment voucher, cash payment voucher, and petty cash voucher) and forward for review by the Finance Manager, Verification by Internal Auditor, and approval of by Executive Director.
- Responsible for entering financial information in the accounting software, its management, and use for reporting.
- Support preparation of activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare Annual Financial statement and detailed annual operating budget
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers, etc.
- Obtain approvals from the Finance Manager and Executive Director on all expenses, procurements, and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by supervisors and in line with organizational priorities.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
There is 1-month probation after which an appraisal will be conducted and a decision made whether you will
be employed full time or asked to discontinue. If we decide to employ you, your monthly salary will be
reviewed after 3 months of engagement and a second appraisal of your performance.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.