Our Client is looking to hire a Finance Lead with top-notch accounting and finance experience who will be responsible for managing the finances of our business on a day-to-day basis. This role is pivotal in building, maintaining, and scaling transparent and accountable business systems so that the company can efficiently meet its business objectives. The Finance Lead will report to the Senior Finance Manager and will have external communication with the company’s business partners in Nigeria. The Finance Lead should have a deep understanding of tax and statutory regulation in Nigeria, an established relationship with FIRS, and an ability to manage day-to-day financial transactions of revenue and expense tracking for the company.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Manage expenses including petty cash, wire transfers, payroll, expense classifications, claims payments, and general AP
- Ensure all payments are properly supported and duly authorized before disbursement
- Maintain and keep an up-to-date Fixed Asset Register
- Manage partner revenue calculations, generate invoices, manage AR, and VAT remittances
- Maintain appropriate company documentation and compliance with regulatory and tax-related requirements
- Maintain accounting software system and initiate periodic improvements
- Liaise with external tax and audit firm for creation of annual trial balance, tax filings, audits, and implementing audit recommendations
- Ensure tax and statutory deductions are properly computed and remitted before the due deadlines
- Support the Senior Finance Manager, in the consolidation of financial statements, budget vs. actual reporting, and other reports as required, providing commentary, and ensuring accurate and timely presentation to management
- Oversee all ledger and bank account reconciliations monthly
- Prepare monthly balance sheet schedules and ensure all balances are adequately supported
- Prepare monthly payroll journals with a keen understanding of income tax provisions in Nigeria and ensure statutory deductions are submitted by the due dates
- Maintain an organized, well-documented, and sequential filing system in the Drive Folders
- Implementation of Financial Policy and Planning Processes
- Help to prepare the annual budget plan for all aspects of the company’s operations so that it meets accounting compliance standards and the requirements of other key stakeholders
- Prepare accurate reports in line with the company's reporting schedules
- Make recommendations to improve processes and minimize discrepancies
- Help to develop and implement policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements, and best practice approaches and provide ethical guidance for the finance and accounting processes of the company
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Manager to maintain an accurate cash flow forecast and ensure sufficient bank balances
- Support the selection and migration to a more robust ERP system
- External Stakeholder Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners (including banks, auditors, actuaries, and regulatory bodies)
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and regulatory bodies for annual and ad hoc audits
- Maintain and update records of invoices, revenue, and costings (both expense tracking and project-level expense classification)
- A stakeholder analysis of customer expenses and revenues.
- Lives the company's values – care and protect our customers, do the right thing for our customers, and have fun!
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in a finance discipline
- Accounting professional qualifications (ACCA or ACA)
- 4 - 5 years of Accounting and Finance experience in a busy environment
- Good understanding and application of IFRS
- Previous experience working in a start-up is an added advantage
- A builder is someone who has planned and built systems and controls
- Well-organized with a demonstrated ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Leadership potential - desire and capacity to grow into leadership roles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Proficient in the English language – verbal and written communication and familiar with other regional languages
Total Compensation & Benefits: competitive salary commensurate with experience. We combine that with a mix of useful employment benefits like stock option plans and healthcare and a company culture that allows you to enjoy your work while making meaningful connections.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.