Terragon is Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing technology company. We aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Some of our achievements include winning the Future of Workplace Awards for Employer of the Year and One of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria by Jobberman in 2018, amongst others. Our culture and values revolve around Dynamism, Autonomy, Teamwork and Agility which reflect our attitude towards work and our light-hearted spirit towards our people.
As a Finance Intern, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects an organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Reviewing and ensuring the Posting of all IFRS Adjustment.
- Review and ensure Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Review and ensure daily and end of month posting of all payment vouchers and Journals before impacting into the general ledger.
- Assist with financial modelling
- Provide general accounting support
- Help with accounts receivable management
- Provide support for the annual budgeting process
- Present data-driven recommendations to the finance team
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial analysis packets for management
- Carry out all other duties as delegated by Senior Officer.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- A BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software.
- ICAN and ACCA certifications to give you an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities