Take charge of ALL financial management activities in the company including but not limited to:
- Overseeing and managing all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with the company’s Finance policy, IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements, and internal control/audit requirements.
- Generating accurate information and analysis from the financial and operational day-to-day transactions in line with agreed timelines
- Ensuring regular reconciliation of supplier, intra-company and inter-company accounts
- Developing and managing a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that guarantees a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Optimize the management of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance the company’s cash position.
- Assuming full responsibility for the Supplier payment process
- Overseeing the company’s budgeting process & ensuring full implementation and monitoring of the agreed budget.
Be the financial steward of the company by:
- Fully implementing and monitoring ongoing compliance with the delegation policy.
- Developing and implementing systems to ensure the collection, reporting and analysis of performance data for internal and external accountability and performance improvement.
- Ensuring action is taken to address the non-delivery of agreed outcomes
Provide business analysis and decision support to the Partners through both proactive and reactive performance analysis and by offering advice on cost management strategies as required.
- Build and strengthen the capacity of the company’s Finance team by:
- Continually reviewing the capability needed to support the team in delivering on outcomes and ensure action is taken to address identified capability gaps
- Providing development opportunities for direct reports that challenge and expand their capability
- Providing leadership that inspires others to succeed and develop, and proactively share experience, knowledge, and ideas
- Modelling behaviours that encourage whole-of-company collaboration and learning for the purpose of increasing synergies and maximizing the effectiveness
- Establishing an environment where the Finance function engages effectively with other groups in a way that ensures both internal customer needs and those of external stakeholders are understood and met
- Ensuring that performance objectives are clearly defined for all job roles within the team and that all staff members are evaluated against agreed performance objectives at pre-defined periods set by the HR function
- Coaching and counselling team members as necessary
- Practical and thorough understanding of the principles of Accounting & Financial Management
- Strong MS Excel Skills
- Basic Treasury Management skills
- Strong experience in planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of ERP systems/accounting software
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- A high degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals
- Good Oral and Written Communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to deal with internal and external manpower resource in such a manner that ensures the optimum utilization of resources in the interest of the business.
- Ability to acquire sufficient technical knowledge to understand the company’s business and products.
- Basic understanding of operations in the Food industry
Desired Personal Attributes:
1) Willingness to travel extensively
2) Ability to remain impartial
3) Team Player
4) Proactive self-starter
5) Flexibility to adapt to a variety of work situations
6) Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task
7) Ability to cope with and work under pressure
8) The ability to manage and motivate a team
9) Used to working in fast-moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard
1) Minimum of university degree or equivalent
2) 4 - 6 years working experience in a Finance function
3) Possession of a recognized professional accounting qualification
4) Consulting/Audit and or manufacturing/production experience is critical