- Strategic/financial management: Responsible for managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and carrying out or overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting of operations within the organization. Provide strategic recommendations to the Managing Director and members of the executive management team.
- Risk management: Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments. Support decision-making on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks. Should have in-depth knowledge of financial law and risk management practices.
- Personnel and performance management: Participate in staff recruitment and selection processes; conduct staff appraisals, counseling and professional development, and day-to-day management; contribute to staff training and Skills Development planning. As the team grows, oversee and direct staff such as the Senior Manager Accounting along with their respective team, and the Senior Manager Human Resources.
- Procedures, systems, and controls: Work with IT colleagues and consultants to deploy relevant software modules. Develop and communicate procedural requirements to personnel and ensure compliance; inspect work sites and work sequences and determine the need for corrective/ remedial measures. Ensure compliance with the law as well as company policies.
- Contract/vendor management: Participate in contractor appointment processes and brief parties on the terms and scope of such appointments; Work with team to administer contracts, evaluate and approve submissions and monitor contractor performance against agreed terms and conditions; Alert contractor to any non-conformance.
- Budgeting and investment planning: Conduct future investment planning and provide financial forecasts (income, banks loans, investments) for the short, medium, and long term.
- Accounts management: Manage accounts receivable process to enable invoicing and collections and debtor management (excluding customer billing). Manage accounts payable process to enable vendor management, payment management, expense management, and the transaction process. Establish and manage supporting systems.
- Foreign exchange and tax management: Coordinate with banks and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on all FX protocols for U.S. dollar inflows, capital importation certificates, and waivers. Manage all tax issues during construction and operations including import duties, sales taxes, duties and levies, tax incentives. Coordinate with external tax advisors and collate advice as required. Coordinate with tax consultants for statutory deductions and company taxes.
- Reporting and auditing: Provide monthly financial reporting on the health of the company, conduct internal audits as necessary, and oversee and reconcile ledgers. Oversee and manage annual external audits.
- Payroll: Administer payroll, staff benefits, expenses, and staff training. Establish and manage supporting systems.
- Project control: Credit Checks on suppliers/vendors. Budget tracking, payment certificate review, and approvals for project and supplier payments in consultation with project managers and operations team.
- Vendor and procurement management: Oversee and direct the supply chain management process to ensure consistent delivery of services and goods to the business. Communicate to the management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services and highlighting any risks to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages or vendor downtime risks. Manage the vendor selection process and perform activities such as contract negotiations, costing controls, reducing vendor-related risks, and ensuring service delivery. Manage suppliers and vendor database including approvals, auditing, and blacklisting.
- Claims administration: Oversee and administer any claims against the organization and claims to the organizaiton's suppliers.
- Establishment of and assurance of compliance with agreements: Establish Service Level Agreements (SLA) and administer relationships with vendors and service providers. Ensure customer, employee, and service provider/contractor wellbeing. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance and keep records of all the organization's contracts. Ensure due diligence on procedural and legal requirements for contracting.
- Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) requirements: Establish systems and processes to manage OHS (incident recording, follow-up, resolution).
- Commercial Procedure: Establish and enforce a commercial process for requests for quotation process from advertisement through evaluation and final award.
- Human resources and professional development: Conduct new staff recruitment, transfer of staff, and termination of employment. Track and manage employee leave. Establish and manage an employee performance evaluation process. Manage employee training and development (internal and external) and establish related processes and systems. Oversee grievance and disciplinary procedures including management of poor performance.
- General administration: Ensure proper administrative management of employee time, travel management, expense management, employee data management, and payroll management.
- Inventory management: Ensure systems and processes are in place to properly manage stores and inventory. Overall responsible for the corporate fleet, including requirements identification, budgeting, purchases, services, allocation & tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or international equivalents.
- 5+ years experience in an Accounting and Reporting/Financial Control role.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/dynamic environment and good multitasking capabilities.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and client/vendor interface skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Power Sector.