- Contribute, as a member of the executive finance team, to the development of the company strategy and the effective management of the company so that it performs to the satisfaction of its stakeholders.
- Provide and maintain financial records of the company to conform with statutory and management requirements.
- Provide financial accounting functions to deliver timely and accurate information to enable sound and well-informed business decisions to be made.
- Ensure that a sound system of internal and budgetary control is in place/preparation of the annual budget for presentation to management.
- Assist in maintaining an effective insurance and risk management profile to protect the assets of the group.
- Ensure that reporting to the major stakeholders is accurate and timely at month-end, quarter-end, and year-end.
- Management of fixed assets, ensuring that they are physically counted and agreed to the theoretical fixed assets register and relevant control accounts in the general ledger.
- Management of stocks, ensuring that raw materials and finished goods are physically counted and agreed with the relevant control accounts in the general ledger.
- Management of all debtors’ accounts, ensuring that they are reconciled and outstanding monies owed are within credit terms and budget assumptions.
- Management of all creditor’s accounts, ensuring that they are reconciled and outstanding monies owed are paid in accordance with credit terms.
- Management of all accounts in the general ledger, ensuring that they are reconciled and appropriate action taken to resolve reconciling items.
- Assist in maintaining an effective and pension fund to provide retirement benefits for relevant employees.
- Ensure adequate staffing, for the finance functions directly controlled, with people able to perform the designated work and who are afforded the opportunities for personal development.
- Ensure that managerial and functional training/development and succession plans are in place for all employees who report directly and indirectly to the job holder.
- Ensure that adequate working tools i.e., computer facilities are available to enable the functions reporting to the job holder to operate effectively and efficiently.
Business Context (Environment):
The job holder is principally responsible and accountable for finance accounting and credit management (including sales open trade & modern trade marketing accounting). Ensure compliance with the Companies Act, Income Tax Act, and Generally Accepted Accounting Practice requirements.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Chartered Accountant with a B.sc Degree/HND in Accounting
- A minimum of at least 6 years’ experience at a senior financial level, preferably in an FMCG Company
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- IT Skills
- Excellent ERP skills will be an added advantage
- Good presentation skills
- Self-motivated and a Team player
- Good understanding of Supply Chain & Finance
- Proven people leadership skills with the ability to motivate and energize the team.