Finance and Management Reporting
- Execution & Implementation of Financial Policies and Procedures: Reviewing, correcting, documenting, filing and ensuring the processes and policies for the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and tax management; payroll; purchasing; inventory and asset management are carried out correctly and as appropriate.
- Accounting, Audit and Reporting: Ensuring that all transactions are properly documented and accounted for and that all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting is correct and issued in a timely manner. The required activities include but are not limited to:
- Bookkeeping - Posting transactions and reporting of daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly management of profit and loss, balance sheet and projections.
- To provide an accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels.
- Overall assurance of payroll, purchasing, accounts receivable and general accounting function of head office divisions and the centres.
- Cash Management- cash flow management, working capital and treasury management
- Control & Compliance-Setting of limits and controls, Regulatory and Tax filing.
- Provide analysis on business progress and support. Provide the quarterly investor reports.
- Support the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced and priced within the required deadlines.
- Funding & Financing: Supporting the documentation, accounting and management of all financing rounds for the business. Ensuring that bank reconciliation is done and relationships with the bank and our accounts are appropriately administered.
- Support and Financial Analysis: Assist on any other projects as may be agreed to from time to time and perform requisite financial analyses. Support the business in setting prices based on margin and full cost analysis.
- Fixed Asset & Inventory Management: Ensure all fixed assets and store inventory is accounted for, support restocking/purchasing and pricing.
- Performance Reporting:
- Assist and Perform evaluations of the company’s performance in comparison to industry and market trends, including the preparation of comprehensive reports incorporating statistical
- To ensure that budgets and management account accurately reflect the business activity, that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly, that variances from the budget and other issues are investigated and resolved.
- Equipment Sales for PCA Independence Store
- A key actor in ensuring the delivery and sales for equipment sale and one-off suppliers and that shipment requirement are in order.
- Ensures stock availability in all clinics and channels
- Ensures purchases for all clinics
- Follow-up on invoices, payments and deliveries
- Mann equipment sales email
- Ensure continuous services, stock and ensure quality on online channels are addressed
- Manages imports, deliveries and pricing of equipment sales, updates SAGE accordingly.
- Completes order processing for online orders as per equipment sales process.
- Collaborate and contribute to the management of the sites from leases, to security, maintenance and furnishing. Ensure appropriate accounting of all expenditures.
- Oversee that all documentation is in order for the various sites and properly filed
Competency and Skills Requirements
- Previous experience in finance functions of businesses with well-developed processes.
- Strong experience in core accounting, management reporting and business analysis.
- Familiar with the challenges and issues of SMEs and businesses in the growth phase
- A detail-oriented problem solver who can work independently within the scope
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with SAGE and other SME oriented accounting packages.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other spreadsheet applications
- Presentation capability and solid written and oral communication skills
- Can-do attitude with the dogged pursuit of task and project completion
- Ability to grow with the business and do self-study to enhance areas of development
- Business and personal integrity and engenders trust in confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Very good interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Supervisory Skills
- Ability to learn and lead
- Ability to coordinate across functions and with external support
- Self-supervision is a must - in other words - able to prioritize and plan work to meet internal and external deadlines
- Degree qualification in Finance and Accounting
- Membership of a relevant professional organization (ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, CFA etc)
- Minimum of 3/4 years post qualification experience in Financial Accounting & Management, Auditing, etc.
- Trained at one of the Big 4 firms accounting firms preferred or a strong second-tier firm
- Preference will be given to candidates with a further degree or additional training in core finance skills
Salary: NGN 100,000- 120,000