General accounting duties to include, General Ledger, Tax, Pay roll, Accounts Payables, Inventories, Bank reconciliations etc.
Generate all monthly financial and accounting management reports from commencement of business till date, including but not limited to balance sheet, P&L, Statement of cash flow, Capital Assets etc.
Liase with our tax and audit consultants and provide all financial regulatory requirements required for tax & audit processing
Ensure that accounting packages are up- to- date daily and that transaction records are captured immediately on our manual and software systems as it occurs.
Ensure good record keeping of all company data, customer transactions, income and expenses at the office.
Inform management of all strengths, weakness, opportunity and threats to the business.
Ensure all the company's fixed and non-fixed assets enumerated are monitored.
Ensure prompt payments and receipts of taxes, vendors, partners and government institutions, as appropriate with management approval.
Ensure prompt monthly presentation and review of financial statements and reports.
- BSC in Finance or Accounting from a reputable university
- Minimum of 5 years experience in finance and accounting
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Experience using Peachtree, Microsoft Excel, Sage and other accounting software is mandatory
- Experience with tax, audit and liaising with government regulatory bodies
- Excellent reporting, numerical, attention to details and communication skills