We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Track and repair signal outages on Gpon including signal leakages on the network in coordination with Engineering, Maintenance, and NOC teams
- Ensure sites are attended to within SLA.
- Update dispatch with accurate information pertaining to sites and customer feedback
- Ensure quality is attained with reference to industry standards.
- Handle CPES and ensure they are well packaged with all accessories intact in cases of recovery
- Maintain integrity including management of customer premises, company Image, and phone etiquette.
- Share feedback on issues pertaining to the network and customer experience.
- Share relevant information with relevant teams including addresses, gaps, and network issues
- Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
- Produce and maintain all records related to the assigned tasks
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on customer premises, including among others Coaxial and Optical Fiber cables, disconnection of idle drops, and report sagging cables, and damaged network devices including Lockboxes/passive and active devices.
- Ensure work tools are well maintained including laptops, Compression tools, motorbikes, etc.
- First degree in a relevant field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and construction of Fiber Optic Networks, including 2 years of experience at various levels of project management.
- A comparable amount of training, education, and experience may be substituted in lieu of some of the minimum qualification
- Good knowledge of GPON protocol (ITU-T G.98x standards) and/or a strong experience of GPON equipment configuration (OLT & ONT) is mandatory
- Considerable knowledge of design and construction practice on GPON fiber optic networks
- Good knowledge of equipment and technologies like
- Ethernet access networks (VLAN bridging, cross-connect)
- Ethernet QoS (policing, shaping, IEEE 802.1p, 802.1q, 802.1ad)
- Measurement equipment (protocol emulators, traffic generators, protocol analyzers)
- Ability to operate an OTDR to troubleshoot and test fiber optic cable.
- Ability to troubleshoot large GPON network with minimal supervision.
- Thorough and complete knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to the electric and communication industry, and the ability to apply them in day-to-day engineering situations
- Considerable knowledge of local and state permitting agency's codes and regulations
- Considerable knowledge of other office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to write technical specifications
- Extensive knowledge of the creation of fiber optic paths and calculation of loss budgets.
- Considerable ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to plan the work of technical personnel engaged in surveying.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.