We are looking for a Field Engineer who will ensure that project designs, procurement, and construction progress as scheduled and that workers on-site meet all deadlines while complying with all Safety Health, and Environmental protocols. As Field Engineer, the individual will specialize in organizing, administrating, coordinating, and monitoring all elements in the construction process. S/he will also inspect and install equipment and new technologies, conduct research, and report on project status; while ensuring compliance with engineering designs and standards - by monitoring the execution of contract specifications.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
- Confer with clients to determine their specific project requirements and ensure that the project focus is properly aligned.
- Conduct research and studies, providing insight on-site and engaging in site layout, cost estimating, construction planning, and materials procurement activities.
- Engage and coordinate the work of third-party vendors in a bid to resolve open inquiries.
- Review job design proposals, specifications, and execution procedures onsite, and obtain required job approvals and permits.
- Oversee quality assurance and successful completion of projects, by following set timelines.
- Monitor and record job progress details to ensure that all assigned work to contractors is performed in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain effective liaison with contractors, vendors, and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of work, supplies, and equipment to the site.
- Track and inspect equipment and material deliveries, and contractor performance. Review historical data for incorporation into future business decisions.
- Collaborate with superintendents, estimators, and other field engineers on site.
- Organize and attend project meetings and keep records of meeting minutes and discussions.
- Provided engineering support for various stages of project design and development, from inception to finish. Oversee the conversion of design plans and specifications into physical structures and facilities.
- Good experience in on-site work supervision and heavy lifting and rigging.
- Estimate the cost of upcoming construction projects and provide RFQ to vendors.
- Secure temporary and permanent materials and equipment necessary for the execution of projects.
- Implement innovative methods and technologies for providing new concepts in engineering.
- Diagnose construction or machinery problems and oversee repairs and technical improvements.
- Define a protocol for project execution, Inspection, and commissioning to assure safety.
- An engineering degree (preferably Mechanical).
- A certification in project management.
- Previous experience as a Field Engineer or similar role.
- Ability to oversee and manage projects within local communities.
- An analytical mind, good in FMEA, and comfortable managing crises if, and when, they arise.
- Must be able to perform and be proficient in geometrical and mathematical calculations since the work is highly technical.
- Good experience is on-site work supervision and heavy lifting and rigging.
- Conversant with various technologies used in different field projects.
- Understanding of safety guidelines and paying attention to details.
- Well-versed in technical aspects of machinery and equipment, including civil/electrical designs and standards, HVAC.
Skills and Competences:
- Construction processes skills.
- Understanding of engineering principles.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Good communication skills.
- Team management.
- Adaptability to local communities, physically dexterous, and self-motivation.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Time and Risk management skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Logical reasoning, creative, analytical, and Lateral thinking skills.
- Persistence and adaptability.
- Decision making.
- Technologically savvy.
- Conflict Management.
- Project management methodologies and Strategic planning.
- MS Project, AutoCAD, MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc).
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development