- This department involves the responsibility of planning, coordinating, and directing the operation of a medium size institutional farm and its specialized subordinate and related units such as poultry - feed consumption, egg production and for the care of livestock, and Fishery – feed consumption.
- supervision of growth stages and proper maintenance of equipment and management of other farm operations which are required soon and safety of man, material, and machine.
- Work also includes guiding a group of skilled and unskilled farm workers.
- Leadership roles is about general administrative matters, such as strategy, procurement, production, processing, marketing / sales etc.
AIMS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TEAM LEAD
- Analyzing existing operations, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect livestock and perform tests on water.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machine
- Supervising the marketing and sales of the products produce on the farm
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety conditions, rules, and regulations
- Collaborating with the account department to prepare budgets and financial reports
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of development in agribusine
- Direct and coordinates workers activities, such as application of feeds feeds, chemicals, grading, payroll, and record keeping
- Confers with customers on sales of livestock.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Oversees worker activities, such as treatment and rearing of fingerlings, maintenance of equipment, and harvesting of fish.
- Directs workers to correct deviations or problems, such as disease, poor quality of livestock.
- Plans work schedules according to availability of personnel and equipment, tidal levels, feeding schedules, or need for transfer
- Observe fish and beds or ponds to detect diseases, determine quality of fish, or determine completeness of harvesting.
- Records number and type of fish or shellfish reared and harvested and keeps workers' time records.
- Assigns workers to duties, such as fertilizing and incubating spawn, feeding and transferring fish, and planting, cultivating, and harvesting fish
- Feed livestock and clean and disinfect their pens, cages, yards, and hutches
- Examine animals to detect symptoms of illnesses or injuries and administer vaccines to protect animals from diseases.
- Use brands, tags, or tattoos to mark livestock to identify ownership and grade.
- Ensure birds have access to food and water regularly.
- Constantly walk through the houses to identify sick or injured birds Utilize proper biosecurity standards when entering and exiting houses.
- Supervise and assist with egg collection, washing and sorting (on a layer farm).
- Assist with putting eggs in cartons (on a layer farm).
- Control temperature of houses for ultimate bird comfort.
- Making decision and formulating policies.
- Ensuring all plans by the farm team are forwarded for management approval
- Developing a robust supplier network to maintain diversity
- Conduct maintenance on the house and watering/heating system as needed
- Control house lighting to meet bird needs.
- Maintain high standards of animal welfare.
- Team lead should ensure a regular meeting is being held twice every week for review of work, projects, and supplies.
- Developing a robust customer / off taker network for smart turnover
lead is expected to chair the meeting and keep records of the minutes of which
will also be reviewed by the management
- Team lead should draft out an agenda for the meetings and schedule of work to be done every week should be written prior to every coming week and submitted to the management
- In the case where the Team lead will not be present for the meetings, there should be a prior notice to that effect and a delegation should be done as soon as possible
- Keep track of all key performance indicators (KPI’s) and initiatives for productivity enhancement.
- Reports of the meeting should be circulated to the workers and management for proper coherence. It is required for the Team lead to pass information to workers properly concerning their duties as at when needed.
- Keeping accurate financial records and budgeting.
- Recruiting, training, and managing laborer’s and work force.
- Saying up to date with information on pest and diseases
- Keeping the business liquid and in profit while meeting financial targets
- Organize all maintenance, repair, replacement and installation for properties and equipment.
- Visiting the various division of farms to inspect livestock and perform text on water and the environment
And any other roles as assign by management, while being innovative and creative.