• Conduct periodic unannounced property inspections on weekends, nights and early mornings to determine the performance of key service providers, i.e. janitorial service, landscaping, security, technician/handyman services, etc.
• MBWA - Manage by walking around.
• Involvement and input required with the Portfolio Manager for the selection of service providers.
• Assure full compliance of all service providers with property specifications and standards.
• Responsible for daily inspection and supervise Preventive Maintenance plans for the following:
- The building including ceiling, walls, floors, windows, etc.
- The generators
- All offices within the building
- The premises grounds including the parking facilities.
- Sanitation with a strong focus on the toilets.
• Possible annex locations within the facility.
• Oversee the correction of maintenance issues that relate to the interior space and exterior of the building, as applicable.
• Manage property to identify, prevent, address, and eliminate all environmental, health and safety issues.
• Conduct regular periodic fire and life safety inspections.
• Provide for records destruction services as needed to protect proprietary information.
• Monitor utility usage and make adjustments in usage patterns to minimize costs
• Provide project management services for small projects as directed by management. Additionally, the Facility Manager is involved and serves as a resource for all interior planning, furniture reconfiguration and internal moves of the clients.
• Conduct periodic property review to prepare and maintain plans for handling major storms, security risks and other extraordinary events.
• Maintain liaison relationship with Landlords or Landlord Representatives.
• Review and understand Leases.
• Produce monthly reports, including an operations summary of completed and planned operations activity.
• Assist Project Management and Engineering, Design and Construction personnel – Protect the property.
• Provide for the provisioning of administrative / office services as needed by client occupant organizations.
• Respond positively and promptly to daily client needs.
• Assure consistent approach to addressing client needs.
• Lead Team meetings.
• Conduct periodic customer surveys.
• Advise clients of fire hazard and regulatory compliance requirements in your workspace.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual operating budgets and implement the day-to-day management of the facility within the parameters of the budget.
• Receive, review, code and sign supplier invoices.
• Maintain ongoing communications with head office Accounts Department and appropriate Accounting Manager.
• Site Float Management
• Develop capital requirements and budget as required.
• Provide services and contact information updates required.
• Supervise and direct the work of assigned employees/contract staff.
• Annual review of staff performance.
• Ensure compliance with all training activity and schedules for subordinates and team members, working within the Company policies and procedures.
• Keep emergency contact lists up to date and distributed to the necessary people, i.e. immediate managers, security.
• Maintain emergency procedures.
• Maintain fire safety plans.
SKILL SET AND PROFILE
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills
• Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
• Diplomatic, tactful, discreet, flexible, resourceful, dependable
• Problem solving and conflict management
• Customer service-oriented
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Information gathering and information monitoring
REPORTS TO; Head, central Operations
DIRECT REPORTS; Technicians, Janitors