The Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful operation and function of the church’s building and other facilities in support of the church’s strategies and mission by providing a place of worship that is safe, secure, attractively maintained, and kept in a state of readiness. He is expected to provide strong leadership and work with church members and staff to achieve the objectives, vision, and mission of the church.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of church buildings, equipment, and grounds.
- Analyze maintenance needs regularly and allocate work appropriately among contractors, maintenance staff, and volunteers.
- Monitor adherence to building codes and fire regulations and report deficiencies to the Administrator.
- Must be familiar with and ensure compliance with Government regulations and standards.
- Work with appropriate government agencies to ensure that buildings are safe and meet current code requirements.
- Ensure all church facilities and grounds are well maintained and ready for Sunday services, mid-week services, and special programmes.
- Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for regularly scheduled meetings, special events, worship, weddings, and otherwise as directed.
- Coordinate opening, closing, preparation, and cleaning of all facilities and grounds for all functions, including supervision of maintenance staff.
- Oversee proper use of building by all persons during activities at the church.
- Monitor church property inventory and conditions.
- Prepare schedules of preventive maintenance for all aspects of the buildings and equipment.
- Must be available for facility-related emergencies.
- Contractor/Vendor Relations
- Schedule and coordinate work with outside contractors as necessary.
- Supervise the work of the Maintenance staff and ensure they deliver high standard work.
- Maintain a system for efficient ordering of Maintenance staff supplies.
- Ensure Maintenance staff are properly trained and their jobs are properly performed.
- Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and provide efficient use of labor and materials.
- Prepare schedules of preventative maintenance for all aspects of the buildings and equipment.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of a degree in Building Technology, Facility Management, Estate Management, Electrical or Civil Engineering, or any related field.
- High standards of Christian conduct with evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit
- An understanding of and commitment to the church’s mission statement and core values
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Must be self-motivated, takes initiative, has creative skills
- Ability to work well with others, and be a team player
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills
- Computer literacy is essential
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, and equipment utilized in facility maintenance, construction, and repair activities; including skills and abilities related to plumbing, janitorial, electrical systems, painting, carpentry, construction, and heating and air conditioning systems
- Knowledge of security practices and protocols related to facility management
- Knowledge of safety practices and applicable regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and take initiative.
Remuneration: NGN180,000 - 200,000