- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity, etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utility consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers, etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security, etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Management of direct reports including coaching and mentoring of staff so they continually improve performance and achieve their potential
- Ensure that all members of the facilities team have up to date job descriptions and that effective use is made of the performance management system including the setting of goals and objectives and carrying out regular performance reviews
- Responsibility for the financial management of the facilities annual operating budget including compliance with financial delegations
Manage major and minor building projects including management of budgets so that projects are delivered within budget and provide management with early warning of any potential budget overruns so that risk can be managed and mitigated.
- HND/BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration, or relevant field, MSc will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
- Recent proven experience in managing a facilities team preferably in a large service organization. -Knowledge in managing building contracts
The the applicant will also possess the following competencies:
- Customer Service: An unwavering commitment to superior customer service
- Relationship Building: The ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with staff at all levels of the organization
- .Management of Self and Others: The ability to utilize personal skills to achieve goals and a high standard of performance. Positively leading, motivating, and effectively working with colleagues, staff, and customers in a collegial and team environment.
- Management of Financial Resources: The ability to contribute to the
long-term financial planning and results, including controlling costs and
managing budgets for own cost
- Utilisation of Technology: The ability to use the the technology required in day-to-day work including experience in the use of Power Point Presentation and database software such as Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheet.
- Valuing and Nurturing Diversity: The ability to proactively recognize and respond to the differing needs of other individuals and groups
- Innovation: The ability to suggest and contribute new ideas and initiatives
Format For CV
Surname and Name | DOB |Gender |Years of experience | Location | Institution | Qualification | Grade |Course |Year of Graduation | Job experience (please state your last recent job) | Phone No |E-mail address
Note: Any CV not sent in this format will be disregarded.