Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Organize item orders by editing for price and weight compliance
- Arrange shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating delivery requirement, placing and expediting orders.
- Ship items by examining items, destination, route, rate, and delivery time.
- Verify items shipped by matching bills of lading; reconciling quantities; noting discrepancies.
- Keep customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, shipment date, method, status, and responding to inquiries as it relates to delivery.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of Secondary School Leaving Certificate.(SSCE)
- Proven experience as a dispatcher or relevant position.
- Must enjoy motorcycling and be a skilled rider.
- Ability to communicate, read and write.
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have good numeracy skills for delivery and expenses records.
- Polite and able to get along with people.