•preparing, interpreting and analyzing financial statements that comply with all GAAP and IFRS standards.
• preparing management reports on efficient handling of the resources of the business.
• reconciliation of accounts
• supervising the implementation of internal controls within the business.
• management and cost accounting
• financial advisory
• overseeing the bookkeeping process
• managing other staff in the accounting department.
• Bsc or HND in accounting or other related disciplines from a recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
• Must be recognized as a member of one of the following; ICAN, ANAN, ACCA and CIMA with due certifications to that effect.
• Other recognized courses, training and accounting related certifications will be an added advantage.
•Should also be conversant with up to three accounting software (such as QuickBooks,Sage accounting,Xero and peach tree)
•Should have satisfactory knowledge of business taxation and due applications
• Mandatory 3 years post-graduation work experience as an accountant (preferably in an accounting firm).
• Relevant previous experience working as part of a team.
• Previous work experience reporting directly to management would be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical skills
•Excellent communication and reporting skills (with the use of presentations and reports)
•Excellent use of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft word(will be tested).
•Should be very conversant with accounting standards, principles and legal frameworks(both nationally and internationally).
•Should also be able to prepare and interpret financial statements that comply with generally accepted standards (will be tested).
•High level of integrity is mandatory.
•Good interpersonal relationship skills and leadership abilities.
SALARY: 100 000-150 000 with regular performance assessments and efficiency bonuses.